‘The NAC Panel of Reviewers is a significant resource for our authors'.
NAC Enlists Help for Authors
Of the 460+/- currently on NAC’s journey, some 390 are volunteers such as 'Friends of NAC' (360+) and 'Reviewers' (90+), Ambassadors, Book Clubs and others all of whom are keen to support emerging authors.
Several panels – not all volunteers - offer services to our authors as Proof-readers (basic level ‘line edit’); Editors [levels (ii)-(iv)]; Mentors, Script-writers and Ghost-writers; Graphic Designers (for book covers), Sketch and Illustrative artists.
Two Committees will be established during 2018: - (i) Competitions Entry (to select manuscripts, and manage submission for Literary Prizes), and (ii) Script Marketing (to work with our Script Marketing Head, submitting selected works for film, TV etc consideration).
New Authors Collective is open to new ways of helping authors fulfil their dream.
Joining a panel or a committee is easy: -
- An informal discussion with one of our Unit Heads.
- Then a discussion with a Unit Head so we may further consider the support you offer, discuss ways we may harness your capabilities.
- If agreed, then an invitation to join NAC’s journey may be extended.
With nine works contracted to be published, and several others under offshore publisher offer, NAC’s collaborative approach brings to fruition our vision for deserving authors.
Becoming an an Ambassador or Friend
NAC’s invitation to act as Ambassador to author Steve Rogers, and first adult work 'An Artifact of Interest', was widely taken up, many thanks to all who volunteered.
Opportunities exist to act as Ambassador for: -
- One work;
- Several or all of an author’s works; or
- Selected works from different authors you particularly empathise with.
It's easy to decide for whom you will act as Ambassador – these authors have been or soon will be published - just select an author to see their Bio and Blurb for each published work: -
If the idea of trying your hand as Ambassador to one or other is of interest fill in the form and paste ‘I am interested in being an Ambassador for Author Name & Book Name’ in the ‘Enquiry’ box, and we will soon contact you with more information.’
If you prefer to test the waters before becoming an Ambassador becoming a ‘Friend of NAC’ is the way to go. Follow the same steps as ‘trying your hand as Ambassador’ above, but just insert ‘Friend of NAC’ in the ‘Enquiry’ box,
Our volunteers gain enormous pleasure from working closely with each other, whether as Ambassador, NAC (or Author’s) Friend, Reviewer (or Panel Team Leader), the authors themselves, and others on NAC’s journey - all supporting or promoting authors and their works both before and after publication. And their engagement with NAC can be either ‘book by book’, or more broadly, ongoing.
Joining NAC’s Journey
‘Join the journey’ - 'Contact' or phone NAC if your interest is: -
- Editorial Understudy for Denise Harris (adult works) and/or Dee Doraisamy (children’s, Middle Grade & YA’s works).
- Script Marketing Committee.
- Competitions Committee Membership – especially if you have any knowledge/experience in literary competitions.
- ^Review Panel members interested in Team Leader role.
- ^Editors – levels (ii)-(iv) [N.B. Our ‘Level (i) Line edit proof-readers’ list is full].
- ^Volunteers with any social media knowledge, and/or PR and/or publishing experience - to work with specific NAC authors on marketing & PR in the 2-3 months after each work is published..
- Reviewers of (both) Adult and Children’s works [Note – professional expertise is not essential, but you should be a keen reader, with enthusiasm for one or more genres of writing].
^N.B. These roles are normally taken on a manuscript by manuscript basis.
Please contact Michael to discuss your interest by phone +61294384133, or e-mail - [email protected].